CCTV and the Data Protection Act
Understanding compliance with ADP Security Systems
What can I expect from the workshop?
By the end of the workshop you will be fully ‘au fait’ with the latest legal requirements for CCTV and the DPA, as they affect your business.
You will be able to make decisions about the CCTV system. We’ll show you how to reduce and avoid risks associated with non-compliance. Find out more…
Your CCTV questions answered
All about the Data Protection Act
- What do you need to know?
- What exactly is personal data?
- What is data processing?
- Responsibilities for your organisation?
Principles of the Data Protection Act in the context of CCTV
The CCTV policy document
- Operating procedures.
How to manage your CCTV system:
- Management processes
- Maintaining records
- CCTV maintenance
- Annual compliance checks and responsibilities.
- Security Industry Authority (SIA)
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Exemption and exceptions
- Home Office requirements
- Prosecutions in court
The role of advisory bodies
- British Standards (BS)
- Centre of Applied Science and Technology (CAST)
- British Security Industry Authority (BSIA)
Any other questions?
Give us a call on 01730 261510 and talk to one of our experts, free of charge.
You should attend if:
- You are a manager or administrator of the CCTV system;
- You are involved in specification, procurement or management of a CCTV system;
- Your CCTV system records people in a public area, particularly if the images taken can identify individuals.
The course will be of value to:
- IT managers
- CCTV managers
- HR managers
- Site supervisors
- Data controllers
- Nominated data processors
- Security chiefs
- Facilities managers
- Premises managers
- Business owners.
The ADP Security team are happy to run this workshop at your office if you have a number of colleagues who would benefit from the training.
Charges may vary depending upon course location.
The price will include the three hour workshop for up to 10 delegates, supporting literature and a certificate of attendance for all participants.
Book now for our next course!
To reserve a place at the next workshop, please email Sandra Eastlake, Security Services Manager
[email protected] or ring us on 01730 261510..